Salamander Pumped Shower Systems Ltd (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Salamander Pumped Shower Systems Ltd of Unit 2c Colima Avenue, Enterprise Park West, Sunderland, SR5 3XE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App Site and our Salamander website (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail, chat, telephone, via letter or warranty card etc). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, Loyalty Scheme, Plumber’s network, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, warranty registration and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and pump warranty registration information.
Information we collect about you and your device.
- Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one of our Apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by turning off location services on your Device.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Unique application numbers : when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
‘Cookies’ are used on this shopping site, but only to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item. The cookies are stored on your computer as a text file. You can alter your browser settings to refuse or limit the cookies you accept. If you wish not to accept cookies you should use our email, or phone ordering. No sensitive information is stored as a cookie.
Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: so that we are aware of the location of pump installs, to assist us in ensuring that pumps are installed correctly, to ensure that the pump is registered to the correct household, with the correct installation information assigned to it and for any further communication with the householder or installer regarding the pump installation or the warranty period.
- Device information: so that we can monitor website and app performance.
- Log information: For monitoring purposes only.
- Location information: monitoring app and website usage.
- Third Party Information: to record a householder’s details if a pump installation is registered by the installer or to record an installer’s details if a pump installation is registered by a householder.
- We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Salamander Pumped Shower Systems Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply the EULA, Our Terms and Conditions ( http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/terms-and-conditions) and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Salamander Pumped Shower Systems Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All data obtained by us will be stored securely on our corporate computer system. All our IT systems, servers and firewalls are secured using accredited technologies.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Unit 2c Colima Avenue, Enterprise Park West, Sunderland, SR5 3XE or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
In order to access your personal data and correct, update or delete it please contact us by telephone on: 0191 5162002 or email: email@example.com.